This 5K event, held in April, raises funds to support six Ronald McDonald houses and a camp in Southern California.
This walk is great because there is no registration fee for children, adults pay $25 registration that includes a free shirt. There is also no minimum donation requirement. It's not as crowded as other walks, only a few thousands participants, making it a great walk for families. There are lots of vendors handing out freebies and coupons. Strollers are welcome, families can walk at their own pace and kids can try to keep up with Ronald, who is very fast, as he makes his way along the course.
Participants can chose one of four locations:
- Honda Center in Anaheim, Sunday, April 3
- Central Park, Pasadena, Sunday, April 3
- Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Sunday, April 3
- Exposition Park in Los Angeles, Sunday April 3
- Shoreline Park in Long Beach, Sunday, April 24
Registration is available online or on-site the day of the event.
For more information visit www.walkforkids.org.