30 things you must experience if you live in Montebello....
- Ride the bike trails along the Rio Hondo River.
- Spend a day at Grant Rea Park. While there get wet in the Splash Pad, pet an animal at the Barnyard Zoo, and hit a few balls at the batting cages.
Splash Pad at Grant Rea Park
- Participate in a team sport, as a player, coach, team parent, parent, or spectator.
- Eat at Gardunos, Arry's, Jim's, Golden Ox, or J&S Burgers.
- Swim at the pool in City Park.
- Run up the front entrance to Montebello Library.
- Visit the Sanchez Adobe.
- Go to a party or event at the Quiet Cannon.
- Buy bread at the Bimbo Bakery Outlet.
- Ride the Montebello Bus.
Montebello City Bus.
- Window shop at the Shops at Montebello.
- Buy a glass quart of milk or eggnog from Broguiere's.
- Run or walk up one of Montebello's hills for exercise.
- Go Black Friday Shopping.
Black Friday Shopping in Montebello
- Play a round of golf at the Montebello Golf Course, or visit the driving range.
- Pick up a stray golf ball from the street as a souvenir from the golf course.
- Shop at a Montebello city-wide yard sale.
- See the Broccoli tree on the corner of Olympic & Hereford. (My daughter's favorite!)
The Broccoli Tree.
- Order a cake from Amy's Bakery.
- Have a membership to the YMCA or L.A. Fitness.
- Attend a concert at the amphitheater in City Park.
- Watch a movie at the newly remodeled AMC theatres.
- Eat a sample at Costco.
- Take the Metrolink downtown.
- Bowl a few games at Beverly Lanes.
- Drive on Lincoln Avenue north past the dam and pretend you live in the country.
- Visit or play in all ten of Montebello's parks: Acuna, Ashiya, Bicknell, City, Grant Rea, Holifield, Potrero Heights, Reggie Rodriquez, Sanchez Adobe, and the little known/top secret unnamed mini-park on Arroyo Drive/Lawrence Avenue.
- Attend a Schurr vs. Montebello High School football game. (-Nancy J. Vargas, Facebook)
- Eat at Rio's, BJ's, or Gina's pizza. (-Marco Cruz, Facebook)
- See the cannons from the Mexican-American War, on the corner of Washington & Bluff. (-Mr. Montebello Mom)
|Beverly Boulevard in Montebello.|