If I'm in the same room as the television I will pay attention at the commercial breaks, glimpse at the halftime performer, and I may watch the last few minutes at the end of the last quarter if the score is close, but it's usually only to be able to hold my own during lunch conversation on Monday.
If you are like me and not really into the game here are some alternatives to big game.
- 1. You won't have to tell your kids "Don't touch!" at the La Habra Children's Museum. This fun kid-centered museum is perfect for kids from pre-school to about 4th grade. The museum offers free admission this Sunday. Be in line at 1pm to get a wristband.
- 2. Cross of something from the Montebello Bucket List. I've created a list of 25+ things you must do if you live in Montebello. It includes everything from riding the Rio Hondo bike trail to seeing the broccoli tree off of Olympic Blvd. Pick a number and do it!
- 3. Finally see that movie everyone is talking about. Get to the theatre before noon and pay about half of what normal tickets cost at AMC Montebello or Whittier Village Cinemas.
- 4. Go to the Library. The East L.A. Library is open from 1-5pm. While there take the kids on a walk around Belvedere lake, it's probably less than 1/4 mile around, even the littlest of kids can make it around.
- 5. Take advantage of the Museums Free-For-All Day and visit the Museum of Tolerance or the Zimmer Children's Museum. Both museums are offering free admission this Sunday.
- 6. Get out and enjoy nature. The hiking trails along Turnbull Canyon are open every day sunrise to sunset. Find a spot along the street where parking is allowed and you are set.
- 7. Show your creative side at LACMA's Andell Family Art Sunday. This month features stations where families can create abstract art using real artist tools! The art projects and museum admission is free for all kids and kids can bring an adult to visit the museum with them for free!
- 8. Brush up on your California history. Visit Pio Pico State Historic Park. The grounds are beautiful, the adobe is a sight to see, and there is a children's garden with a pretty stone path. The adobe is open 10am-3:30pm. Free admission, free parking.
- 9. Save some money and go grocery shopping! I know it sounds strange, but items like beef, hot dogs, hamburger buns, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, chips, & cases of water, are priced at their lowest! Pair the savings with a few coupons and you can save a lot of money.
- 10. Have a piece of pie! Print out a coloring page with a coupon from the Marie Calendar's webpage and get a free kid's meal with every adult meal purchased. Marie's is my kid's favorite place to eat because the kid meal includes dessert! Visit the Marie Callender's at the Shops at Montebello mall and let the kids play in the play area, visit the Disney Store where they can chose videos to play in the gazebo, and spin the Kidgits wheel at Guest Services.